We've designed our Operational Evaluation (OE) to be a simple as possible. On our ICARUS Course, we provide you with an Operational Evaluation planning guide to ensure that you know how to plan for any commercial flight operation. This can then be relayed back to the examiner during your briefing.
You'll also be given access to our Manoeuvres guide video in advance to make sure you get plenty of practice in.
The Operational Evaluation is broken down into 4 parts and lasts approximately 2 hours
- On-Site Survey & Risk Assessment
- Brief the instructor
- Practical Assessment
- Mock Commercial Flight Operation
- Result & De-Brief
What do I need to bring to my Operational Evaluation?
It is essential prior to you attending the Operational Evaluation that you are prepared, so make sure you get everything in place beforehand. For your Operations Evaluation you will need to bring:
- Your aircraft (Make sure it is unlocked for the relevant flight space)
- Adequate charged aircraft batteries (minimum of 2)
- Your 'smart' device (if required)
- Valid Insurance cover for the day
- Relevant flight planning paperwork